21 Sep 2020
7 Things You Should Know about 6 Sigma Metrics
Tuesday 29th September 2020
13:00 Eastern Time
Presenter: Prof. Sten Westgard
Director of Client Services and Technology for Westgard QC
Six Sigma has been around for decades - so why isn't there more of it in the medical laboratory?
Where can Sigma metrics make a tangible impact on staffing, expenses, and outcomes?
This one hour zoom with Professor Sten Westgard will introduce the concepts of Six Sigma, Sigma Metrics, and Westgard Sigma Rules.
- The history, concept, application in medical laboratory and quality management of Six Sigma
- The actual meaning of "Six" in Six Sigma
- Transforming Tolerance Limits into allowable total errors (TEa)
- 2 Ways to measure Six Sigma
- Common Six Sigma benchmarks in the world and in the laboratory
- What's all this about green belts, black belts, master black belts, and champions?
- What practical tools are available for the laboratory?
Key learning objectives:
- Determine the Sigma metrics of nearly any process in the laboratory, with a special focus on analytical quality of methods.
- Learn the dfferent resources available for allowable total errors, the debates over which goals are better, and practical advice on which goals to select for different methods.
Who Should Attend:
- Clinical, hospital, and reference laboratory stakeholders.
- Laboratory directors, laboratory managers, quality managers, information technology managers.
- Clinical laboratory scientists and technicians.
- Clinical diagnostics platform, equipment, and solutions providers, manufacturers, and suppliers.